Mafura Butter Unrefined Organic
Mafura Butter Virgin African, Natal Mahogany
Trichilia Emetica Seed Butter
Mafura Butter is produced through the cold pressing of the seeds of the African Mafura tree which is a coveted multipurpose product that has been used in Eastern and Southern Africa through several generations. The Mafura tree grows in areas.....
Subtle nutty odour which compliments any application. Butter is solid at room temperature with a melting point of 20c.
Our Mafura Butter is now approved by COSMOS and ECOCERT for use in certified organic products. Mafura Butter is a non drying butter Butter that absorbs quickly on the skin and hair. Our Mafura butter is 100% natural and unrefined. Applications include Body Butters, Skin Creams, and Massage products. In Africa it is a staple in Soap manufacturing for its moisturising and skin repairing properties.
- It softens and improves the elasticity of the skin
- Essential fatty acids contribute towards maintaining a healthy complexion
- Has antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory properties
- It spreads easily on the skin hence can also be used in massage products
- It heals and nourishes dry cracked skin
- Excellent as a hair conditioner
- Ideal moisturizer to strengthen and softens natural hair
- Alleviates dry and itchy scalp
Traditionally, farmers in the southern African region use Mafura Butter for treatment of infected wounds of horses, dogs and cattle. Recently Mafura Butter has been utilized as an ingredient for the making of dog and horse soaps, treatment balms and shampoos.